Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How compile AddIn with MFC for used another PC

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
-pezi-
336 Views, 4 Replies

How compile AddIn with MFC for used another PC

Hi

I wrote my own add-in for Fusion 360 that uses MFC (inspired NativeUI by Adam Nagy, Autodesk). It works fine on my computer, but when I install it on another computer it doesn't run. I know that advising them without being able to see the source code is almost impossible. Despite this, can you try to advise me where I am going wrong? Missing some link? Project compiler settings? ... I used MS Visual Studio 2019 latest version on Windows 10.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
BrianEkins
in reply to: -pezi-

It sounds like your dll has some dependencies that are not on the other computer.  I would try installing the Microsoft VC++ Redistributable on the other computer and see if that solves the problem.  If it does, you can include the redistributable with your installer for your add-in.  

---------------------------------------------------------------
Brian Ekins
Inventor and Fusion 360 API Expert
Website/Blog: https://EkinsSolutions.com
Message 3 of 5
-pezi-
in reply to: BrianEkins

Hi,

thanks for your advice, but installing MS VC++ Redistributable doesn't solve my issue. I tried building the project with the setting of Use MFC in a Static Library instead of Use MFC in a Shared DLL. With this settings addIn is possible to load to Fusion360, but when the MFC dlgWindow should load, I got error like this "File: f:\\dd\vctools\vc7libs\ship\atlmfc\src\mfc\appcore.cpp. Line: 196. **line 196". I can't solve this problem for now.

Message 4 of 5
BrianEkins
in reply to: -pezi-

I don't know what the problem is.  I don't think it has anything to do with Fusion and is a general question about deploying a program that uses MFC.  I would suggest posting a question on StackOverflow.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Brian Ekins
Inventor and Fusion 360 API Expert
Website/Blog: https://EkinsSolutions.com
Message 5 of 5
-pezi-
in reply to: BrianEkins

I agree that it won't be a problem with Fusion360 and thank you for the direction anyway.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report