Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global indexing and orientation of parameter space with respect to topology

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
robert.simpson.2
239 Views, 1 Reply

Global indexing and orientation of parameter space with respect to topology

Hi,

I've got two questions that somebody might be able to help me with:

Is there any concept of global indexing of faces, edges, etc.? For example, if I am on a particular face am I able to retrieve a set of global edge indices that are attached to this face? 

I've had a look at various methods and properties of objects in the API documentation but I'm struggling to find out how geometry objects are orientated with respect to the topology. For example, if I know the edges that form the boundary of a particular face and the geometry of the face is defined by a NURBS surface, how do I determine what edge(s) are associated with the lower/upper limits of the parametric interval?

I hope I've phrased my questions clearly.

Thanks.

Robert

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
ekinsb
in reply to: robert.simpson.2

I'm not sure I fully understand your question but here's some information that will hopefully help.  From a BRepFace you can use its loops property to get a BRepLoops object.  This is a collection to all of the loops (boundaries) of the face.  Every face has at least one loop, which is the outer boundary of the surface and it can have any number of internal loops.  The BRepLoop object supports the isOuter property which indicates if a loop is the one and only outer or an internal loop.  From each loop you can get the edges and coEdges that make up that loop.  BrepCoEdges are unique to that face and are defined in the 2D parametric space of the face.

Brian Ekins
Inventor and Fusion 360 API Expert
Mod the Machine blog

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report