Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting the part number out of ExtractBOM

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
cad
Explorer
535 Views, 3 Replies

Getting the part number out of ExtractBOM

Hello,

I want to extract a bill of materials out of Fusion and to do this I want to modify the ExtractBOM (Python) for two purposes:

First one is to write it into a text file. This is already done. You can see the result in the attached file.

The second one is my problem. In addition to part name and quantity I also want to get the part number that we assigned - the one you assign in the properties of each object. I am able to do this for the part name etc. but I can't get it to work for the part number. I don't know which variable to use here. I expect it's something similar to line 34 (in the py file):

item['name']      -->      item['number']

Or maybe something like in line 57:

comp = occ.component     -->     number = occ.number

Does anybody know how to extract the part number?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
schneik-adsk
in reply to: cad

Part Number, Title and Description properties will be available in the update this 20th. They are not available today.

Kevin Schneider
Message 3 of 4
MichaelAubry
in reply to: schneik-adsk

Hey Guys, did the ability to extract part #, description and title make the release?  I don't see it listed in the what's new documentation. http://fusion360.autodesk.com/learning/learning.html?guid=GUID-DE5B70A6-AA7D-439D-8284-2F0382AB6C90

Thanks!

Mike

Michael Aubry
Autodesk Fusion 360 Evangelist
Message 4 of 4
MichaelAubry
in reply to: MichaelAubry

Update:

I think I answered my own question. I see description and part number are included:

http://fusion360.autodesk.com/learning/learning.html?caaskey=caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/ENU/Fusion-360...

I'll try it when I get a chance.

Michael Aubry
Autodesk Fusion 360 Evangelist

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report