Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get multiple edges as one - Join edges

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
SaeedHamza
108 Views, 2 Replies

Get multiple edges as one - Join edges

Hi,

I was wondering if I can get multiple tangentially connected edges as one edge.

What I'm aiming for is to get a polyedge from these edges so that I can get the control points of all the edges in the right order.

I've already created a script that creates a single spline that goes through all selected edges (tangentially connected ones), and I can't even describe how useful it's been in my line of work, so I could use the same concept as an answer to my question, but I thought maybe there was a function that can simplify this that I don't know of ...

Thanks,

Saeed

2 REPLIES 2
Message 3 of 3
SaeedHamza
in reply to: kandennti

Hi @kandennti ,

First, thanks so much for sharing this, it's exactly how I made the script I mentioned above, except that the confusion of detecting and correcting the start/end control points of the first spline or edge was solved better by @BrianEkins, so that was really helpful!

The whole idea of posting this question was that I needed a function that gets me the control points of a tangentially connected edges in the right order, and in my script I made a switch for flipping the points of the first edge in case it wasn't correct, but with this, no need for a switch anymore, so I think I got what I needed.

Much appreciated,

Saeed

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report