Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generate Engraving from Sketch

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
230 Views, 1 Reply

Generate Engraving from Sketch

Hallo,

first the Situation: I have 60 DXF-Files which i need to engrave (=> 60 CAM-Operations).

So far I've written a script which imports all DXF-Files to separate Sketches. Now I've set up the cam environment by hand and made my first engraving operation. Now I'm stuck.

Manually I can duplicate the process, edit it, clear the contour and select the next sketch as a contour.

But i would have to do this Manually 59 times...

Question: Is there any way to script/automate this (inside fusion) or do i have to do UI scripting? ... i hope for a fusion solution Smiley LOL

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
BrianEkins
in reply to: Anonymous

Unfortunately, the API to access CAM functionality is currently very limited.  It does not support creating or editing any CAM operations.  Mostly what it currently supports is determining if any operations are out of date and re-generating any tool paths.  You can also automate post processing and creating set-up sheets but that's about it.  There are already a few requests for more CAM functionality in the IdeaStation that you can vote for.  I don't know what their plans are for the future.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Brian Ekins
Inventor and Fusion 360 API Expert
Website/Blog: https://EkinsSolutions.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report