Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fusion2urdf: joints rotate around axis not centered in joint.

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
1031 Views, 2 Replies

fusion2urdf: joints rotate around axis not centered in joint.

Hi

I'm doing a bachelors in automation and robotics where we are building a robot from scratch. We have our design in Fusion 360 and found the script by @Anonymous  and the update by @spacemaster85 (Link: https://github.com/SpaceMaster85/fusion2urdf/). Our model exports fine visually with all the parts in the correct places. But something is happening with our joints that make them offset in one or more directions. 

We have tried with all parts in individual components and nested components that SpaceMaster85 added support for. Our last try was to draw everything again from scratch and only make rotating joints between part geometry that was drawn in the same file and with all parts started on the documents origo. Doing it this way we got the first joint to work, but the second one rotates around a point below the part when imported into ROS. We are using the latest script version.

I've added our Fusion model from our latest test. Anyone got any idea what is happening? Any hints welcome!

Labels (4)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
spacemaster85
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

I tested your file and saw the same problem. Afterwards I run my tests and can confirm that the joint origin calculation is wrong. It seams that the API calls for joint origins has changed.

I pushed an adjusted version into my repo, which should fix the joint origins.

I made some short tests with your file and my files and it seams to work.

Greetings

https://github.com/SpaceMaster85/fusion2urdf

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: spacemaster85

Thank you!

This fixed everything and our complete model exported perfectly. We have probably poured 30hours into this one problem by now, so it's much appreciated.

Thank you again!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report