Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fusion hangs for about 30 seconds before dialog is created when a selection exists after most recent update

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
perryK67ZX
62 Views, 1 Reply

Fusion hangs for about 30 seconds before dialog is created when a selection exists after most recent update

I just updated to the most recent version of Fusion 360, and now fusion completely freezes for a little over 30 seconds when I open my command dialog. The freeze occurs when I have something selected as I start the command. Deselecting all bodies, starting the command, then selecting a body works just fine. As with the default Python template, the first thing my commandCreated handler does is log a message, and I'm not seeing that message until after Fusion unfreezes.

Any ideas as to what could be happening here?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
perryK67ZX
in reply to: perryK67ZX

I wasn't seeing the log messages because the whole application was hanging - by logging the timestamps and waiting for things to unstick I could see that the slowdown actually was happening in my code, though it still doesn't make any sense.

From what I can tell, it seems like `browser.sendInfoToHTML` is taking about 5 seconds each time it fires, but only when the command is started while a body is selected. (???)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report