Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fusion crashes after running C++ script

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
adamvs
475 Views, 5 Replies

Fusion crashes after running C++ script

I have a short script in C++ which iterates over all the files in a folder, generates the toolpaths for each then calls a postprocessor. This works fine, but crashes somewhere after exiting the script. All I can tell you from looking at the stack trace on thread 1 is this is in ~QRenderRule called from QHashData::free_helper ( that's a little suspicious ) on what looks like a bad address, if that's a clue of any sort. Not really seeing anything in my code that might have clobberred something.

Other than that running debugging in Xcode is pretty nice.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ekinsb
in reply to: adamvs

Do you have an f3d and program that you can share with use that can be used to reproduce the problem?

Brian Ekins
Inventor and Fusion 360 API Expert
Mod the Machine blog
Message 3 of 6
adamvs
in reply to: ekinsb

I beleive you can run this over any folder that has an arbitrary amount ( more than 1 ) models in it. The output path and postprocessor filename is hard coded in the constructor of '

testDocsList' ( the one class ).

Here is a zipped file of the C++ ( xcode ). My issue is with lathe models.

Message 4 of 6
marshaltu

Hello,

I can reproduce the crash in MAC and log UP-26458 to track the issue in our internal system.

I am guessing it may be related to ProgressDialog. If I comment out ProgressDialog-related codes, the crash would be gone. We will do more investigation and find root cause out.

Thanks,

Marshal

Marshal Tu
Fusion 360 Developer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 6
adamvs
in reply to: marshaltu

I am guessing it may be related to ProgressDialog. If I comment out ProgressDialog-related codes, the crash would be gone.

I get the same here. No ProgressDialog, no crash.

- Adam

Message 6 of 6
adamvs

There's another problem!

If the call to 'ProgressDialog' is taken out not all the operations get post processed.

If the call to 'ProgressDialog' is put back in, all the ops get processed but Fusion crashes!

This is going to be a little more complicated.

Edit: no sorry, forget this, I need to do a little more reading on the way 'GenerateToolpathFuture' works...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report