Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fusion Build 2.0.10027 has broken Joint Creation

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
balunist
201 Views, 3 Replies

Fusion Build 2.0.10027 has broken Joint Creation

It seems to be pretty basic failure JointInputs type BRepFace to a Sketch Profile.  Not every BRepFace but I'm working on an example.   Patrick Rainsberry are you listening.   I would appreciate your help on this.  It kills MapBoards Pro.

Thanks in advance for you. help!

Bill

Tags (1)
Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
JeromeBriot
in reply to: balunist

@balunist wrote:

Patrick Rainsberry are you listening.   

Use @prainsberry to notify him automatically.

Message 3 of 4
sdpatil

Hi @balunist ,

We are sorry to hear about the inconvenience you are facing. Will it be possible for you to share the screencast/file showing the steps where the Joint is failing? It will help us to reproduce and analyse the issue quickly. We tried couple of BRepFace + sketchProfile examples but its working fine there. Was the same case working for you before this recent update?

Message 4 of 4
prainsberry

FYI @sdpatil and @JeromeBriot I met with @balunist  earlier this morning.  He has identified a fix, although it might be nice @balunist if you can still share the specifics of the problem and solution if you have some time in the future case others come across this issue.  
The issue was related to some additional validation that is happening in the core Joints code and some of the Joint Geometry inputs need to be a little more explicit in their inputs.  We will update the documentation accordingly.  

Specifically in cases where the key point type does not require an additional input, the input MUST be set to None.  

From my understanding of the issue at this point here is a bit more information:

Existing documentation:

A BRepEdge edge object that is one of the edges of the specified face. This argument can be null in the case where the keyPointType is CenterKeypoint indicating the center of the face is to be used. When an edge is used, the keyPointType specifies the position along the edge for the keypoint.

Updated documentation should read:

A BRepEdge edge object that is one of the edges of the specified face. This argument MUST be null in the case where the keyPointType is CenterKeypoint indicating the center of the face is to be used. When an edge is used, the keyPointType specifies the position along the edge for the keypoint.

Patrick Rainsberry
Developer Advocate, Fusion 360

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report