Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fusion 360 API Reference manual for offline viewing

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
3984 Views, 9 Replies

Fusion 360 API Reference manual for offline viewing

Can Fusion 360 API Reference manual be made available in .chm for offline viewing? Or some similar format...

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
ekinsb
in reply to: Anonymous

Here's a link to a chm version of the help.  Hopefully it will help.  To get it to work correctly you'll probably need to access the Properties dialog for the file and click the "Unblock" button, as shown below.  The file works fine on Windows and there are chm viewers for Mac but I haven't tried them.

Unblock.png

Brian Ekins
Inventor and Fusion 360 API Expert
Mod the Machine blog
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: ekinsb

Thanks a lot. Will be of great help.

Message 4 of 10
soswow
in reply to: Anonymous

Is there way to get some other, more multi-OS format like PDF? I tried to convert chm but with no luck =( using online multi-iframe browesing so painfull =(

Message 5 of 10
ekinsb
in reply to: soswow

The primary format for publishing the help is the online version.  The fact that the chm is available is just by luck.  The same help system that is used to product the help for Inventor was enhanced to also allow it to be used for Fusion's help.  Inventor requires a chm file so we end up getting that for free and weren't using it at all until I posted it here.  To do some other format would likely require quite a bit of work which I don't anticipate happening anytime in the near future.

Brian Ekins
Mod the Machine blog
Message 6 of 10
ekinsb

I've posted a new version of the API help that corresponds with the Fusion update that went out this past weekend (Nov. 15, 2015).  The link is the same as in my initial response.

Brian Ekins
Mod the Machine blog
Message 7 of 10
Cotral.RD2

@ekinsb The Link you provided doesnt seem to work anymore. can you update it ? 

Thanks

Pavan HEMMEGE VENKATAPPA
Fusion 360 Ultimate User
Message 8 of 10
BrianEkins
in reply to: Cotral.RD2

I want to update this post.  The original link doesn't work because the location it references no longer exists.  I've since made the chm available directly on my website.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Brian Ekins
Website/Blog: https://EkinsSolutions.com
Message 9 of 10
rodwyll
in reply to: BrianEkins

Thank you very much for making this available. 

Message 10 of 10
BrianEkins
in reply to: rodwyll

Here's another update.  The chm file is now updated and made available for each Fusion 360 release.  The link is on the "Welcome to the Fusion 360 API" help page, as shown below, and here a direct link to download the chm.

chmfile.png

---------------------------------------------------------------
Brian Ekins
Website/Blog: https://EkinsSolutions.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report