Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forms creation from code

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
snyerges
210 Views, 1 Reply

Forms creation from code

Hello, this is my first post on this forum. I searched it to see wether there are already answers to what I'm trying to do but didn't find any, so here goes.  I can perform the following manual steps in the GUI, as an example:

Create Form -> click Box -> Select Plane, Specify Center point -> Enter sizes (1,1,1)

RightClick on a Vertex (0.5, 0.5, 0.0) -> Edit Form -> Extrude Vertex (x 1.0), so now it looks like an elongated suitcase with a nose cone.

I'd like to do these same steps programmatically in Python. Once I accomplish this much, I'll go further and expand the program for a more complicated form, but I think this should be the first step. How does one go about something like this? Is it better to start with creating a form by hand and then get to it in the program as an existing entity and go from there, or can it be started in code from scratch on the first line of business logic, after the initial scaffolding     import adsk.  ....   app ...  doc ...   design ... rootcomp ...  etc.... ?

I have an iMac (Catalina 10.15.1), VS-Code downgraded back to 2019.9.34911 as recommended.

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
kandennti
in reply to: snyerges

Hi @snyerges .

I don't think the API for creating a Form (TSplineBody) is currently supported.

If there is a possibility, there seems to be no other than directly creating and importing a TSM file. And it is very difficult.

This may help a little.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusion-360-api-and-scripts/edit-face-via-api/m-p/9190349#M8974 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report