Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F360 can't connect to VS Code, "port that is already in use"

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
JetForMe
140 Views, 2 Replies

F360 can't connect to VS Code, "port that is already in use"

I tried creating my first Add-In today, following these instructions. When I clicked "Edit," Fusion 360 popped up this alert:

Screen Shot 2022-05-10 at 16.12.37 .png

I was already running VS Code for another project I'm working on (a webapp), and that was debugging a session in Chrome. So I quit VS Code, and tried again with Fusion 360. Same issue. I relaunched Fusion 360 (painful), same issue.

I looked at the Python debugging port setting, it was 3000. I changed it to 9000, to match what’s in Fusion 360's prefs, but that didn't seem to help.

I've got the Python extensions for VS Code installed. At this point I'm not sure what else to try.

 I'm on an M1 MacBook Pro.

MacBook Pro, PCNC1100 Series 3, Slant-PRO 15L Lathe, Custom AvidCNC-based 4x9' CNC Router w/24k 4.5 kW HSD Spindle & Teknic SDSK Servos
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Rushikesh.kadam
in reply to: JetForMe

@JetForMe Did you change the debugging port from Fusion preferences? If the default port no 9000 is used by some other application change the port no from Fusion preferences and restart Fusion. Fusion will use this new port to connect to VSCode.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If my reply was helpful, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. It helps others get the answer quickly! A "Like" is always welcomed.

Rushikesh Kadam
Senior QA Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 3
JetForMe
in reply to: Rushikesh.kadam

No, I didn't change it, and nothing on my machine is listening on 9000.

After changing it, restarting, and changing it back, and restarting, it finally was able to connect. I haven't verified that I can debug yet.

MacBook Pro, PCNC1100 Series 3, Slant-PRO 15L Lathe, Custom AvidCNC-based 4x9' CNC Router w/24k 4.5 kW HSD Spindle & Teknic SDSK Servos

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report