Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dialog opening dialog?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
quality5B59E
318 Views, 3 Replies

Dialog opening dialog?

Is it possible for a dialog to open another one without closing (ie running execute or cancelling) the first?

I need this because my first dialog has a list of steps of an operation to execute and an “add step” button.  Pressing add lets you configure the new step to add to the operation.  Unfortunately, opening the new dialog closes the first one ...

I currently have a workaround where the closing second dialog relaunches the first but it looks ugly in the UI (big delay sometimes).

Any ideas out there?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
brianodpr
in reply to: quality5B59E

Did you ever get an answer or figure it out? Would love to know. I want to do the same thing and when I searched all I find is this unanswered question.

Message 3 of 4
BrianEkins
in reply to: brianodpr

It's not possible.  A command consists of a single command dialog.  To get another dialog to appear you need to execute the command it's associated with.  Only one command can run at a time so running the other command terminates the currently running command.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Brian Ekins
Inventor and Fusion 360 API Expert
Website/Blog: https://EkinsSolutions.com
Message 4 of 4
ebunn3
in reply to: quality5B59E

Looking to do the same thing.  Any further information would be appreciated.  

Eric

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report