Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete, not Remove, Occurence

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
casey.rogers
529 Views, 2 Replies

Delete, not Remove, Occurence

My script creates a combine feature with isNewComponent set to True. It then exports the component created by the combine feature and deletes the combine feature. The geometry contained in the component created by the combine disappears when I delete the combine, but the component itself (as shown in the browser) does not go away. This is a problem because my script repeats this proces 100s of times which fills up the timeline and browser with new components and slows Fusion to a crawl.

I grabbed the occurrence object via the timeline and called .deleteMe on it, but this didn't fix the problem.

timeline = templateDesign.timeline

tempFeature = timeline.item(timeline.markerPosition - 1).entity

tempFeature.deleteMe()
Calling deleteMe got rid of the occurence in the browser but it didn't get rid of the new component feature in the timeline and it also added a "remove instance" feature to the timeline. How do I "delete" the occurence, not "remove" it?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
liujac
in reply to: casey.rogers

Hi,

This should be a defect about Occurrence.deleteMe. I logged a defect for this issue. We will fix it. 

Thanks,

Jack

Message 3 of 3
liujac
in reply to: casey.rogers

This issue about occurrence.delete has been fixed. The fix has been included in January 23, 2016 Update.

Jack

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report