Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debugging profiles in 3d sketch

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
AlexFL1024
103 Views, 1 Reply

Debugging profiles in 3d sketch

I am using the python API to make a 3d sketch representing a certain segment of a sphere. The idea is to later create a body using a surface patch and then a thicken operation. The issue I am facing is that my sketch seems to be well made with all the lines creating a loop, however, there is no profile created. Is there a way to debug why there is no profile created in a sketch?

f360.png

Labels (2)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
AlexFL1024
in reply to: AlexFL1024

Figured it out. No profiles are created due to the fact that not all the points are on the same plane. Turns out that for creating a Patch feature, a profile is not needed. In addition to this, I was trying to manually create a Patch feature in the UI to test out my geometry. I was doing a click and drag group select of all my curves but it seems that it was only selecting a couple of them but highlighting all of them as if they were selected. I then manually selected all curves for the Patch feature and it worked.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report