Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cx_freeze “cannot get zipimporter”

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
aakici
7086 Views, 5 Replies

cx_freeze “cannot get zipimporter”

I got "cx_freeze “cannot get zipimporter”" error every time when exit fusion 360.

This error arrised after a clean install of Windows 10 and Fusion 360. Before installing Windows Fusion 360 was working properly. After install this error was seen.  I checked drivers and antivirus program (Comodo Internet Security) however i found nothing wrong. Drivers are update, nothing about cx_freeze and Fusion 360 was there in comodo's logs. Because this was a clean install and no errors arrised i didn't try reinstalling Fusion.

How can i solve this problem?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
marshaltu
in reply to: aakici

Hello,

It would be good if you can provide the log file "Autodesk.webdeploy.streamer.log" under the folder "C:\Users\<User>\AppData\Local\Autodesk\" for investigation.

Thanks,

Marshal

Marshal Tu
Fusion 360 Developer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 6
aakici

log fil is attached.

thanks.

Message 4 of 6
svelez

Hello aakici,

This error message indicates that there is a file missing from a supporting portion of the install.  Ironically enough, this can be resolved by deleting more files/folders which will prevent the logic in question from trying to find the missing file.

To accomplish this, delete "%APPLOCALDATA%\Autodesk\webdeploy\meta\streamer".   The most notable negative impact of this is that you will not be able to run the uninstall command from Programs and Features in the Control Panel (but it won't work right now anyway).  After the next update, which is scheduled in a couple of weeks or so, this should self-heal and you will be fully functional again.

If you don't want to wait for that, just delete the entire "%APPLOCALDATA%\Autodesk\webdeploy" folder and re-install from our website.

Thanks,

Steven

Message 5 of 6
aakici
in reply to: svelez

Thank you for your reply. however, my laptop was stolen so i couldn't try your solution.

Thanks.

Message 6 of 6
svelez

I'm so sorry to hear that! 😞

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report