Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CustomGraphics depthPriority versus built-in selection graphics

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
mcd8604
192 Views, 4 Replies

CustomGraphics depthPriority versus built-in selection graphics

I have an addon which highlights a specific selected entity among several selected entities by creating a custom graphic. This is happening from a palette, not a command. The trouble I'm running into is that the built-in selection (blue) graphics are always prioritized to be on top. Is there any way around this?

Example: A CustomGraphicsPointSet (lower left) defined by UserDefinedCustomGraphicsPointType and a png is partially occluded. Often times, these graphics are fully occluded and I'm trying to figure out a way around this. 

mcd8604_0-1637770777471.png

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
BrianEkins
in reply to: mcd8604

Depth priority is not the solution for this case.  Depth priority is meant to be used when you have things that lie on the same plane and you want one to display on top of the other.

Have you looked into the Show Through color effect?  It's intended to be used for what you're doing, although I don't know if it works with points or not. Hopefully it does.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Brian Ekins
Inventor and Fusion 360 API Expert
Website/Blog: https://EkinsSolutions.com
Message 3 of 5
mcd8604
in reply to: BrianEkins

Hi Brian,

I am currently using CustomGraphicsShowThroughColorEffect for all of my custom graphics entities. It does work very nicely except for the blue selection graphics which occlude even BRepBodies and Lines. As for the points, the billboarding/sprite images are also occluded and don't appear to be affected by any of the various color object types.

Message 4 of 5
mcd8604

To better illustrate, below is the same line graphic drawn with and without selections. I assume there is no way around this in the API without deselecting?

mcd8604_0-1638338120936.png

mcd8604_1-1638338127400.png

Message 5 of 5
BrianEkins

The API is exposing a subset of the internal graphics that Fusion is using.  There may be some additional settings internally that we missed in the API. The thing to look at is if you see the behavior you're looking for in any of the Fusion commands. If you do see it, then that means it is supported internally and the API needs to be enhanced to expose that additional functionality. 

---------------------------------------------------------------
Brian Ekins
Inventor and Fusion 360 API Expert
Website/Blog: https://EkinsSolutions.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report