Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom GUI by API

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
taxponation
561 Views, 2 Replies

Custom GUI by API

I'm just wondering how to create customized GUI by Python or Javascript API. I want to create add-on like grasshopper in Rhinoceros and I need to implement a node editor with customized GUI. 

My question is that it is possible or not and if so, how to make it?

Thanks in advance 🙂

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ekinsb
in reply to: taxponation

The supported way of creating a GUI for a Fusion command is by creating a command and when it is executed you create command inputs which are then displayed in the command dialog to get the needed inputs from the user.  This definitely does limit what type of UI you can create.  No other method of creating a custom UI is currently supported, however there are some GUI libraries for Python that provide more capabilities.  But there are potential problems when using these including not working on both Windows and Mac and possibly having conflicts with Fusion itself.  I hope we'll have support for more GUI functionality in the future but there's nothing scheduled at the moment.

Brian Ekins
Inventor and Fusion 360 API Expert
Mod the Machine blog
Message 3 of 3
taxponation
in reply to: ekinsb

Thank you for your response. I see. I hope you will support more GUI tools soon.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report