Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Event Handler C++

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jonathandent
286 Views, 3 Replies

Custom Event Handler C++

I'm trying to edit a text box in my add-in,

I have created a worker thread that fires a custom event.

However, I can't seem to get an input ptr from anything to be able to get ahold of the text box ptr

I thought the below code would work...

Ptr<Event> firingEvent = eventArgs->firingEvent();
if (!firingEvent) {
return;
}

Ptr<Command> command = firingEvent->sender();
if (!command) {
return; <-- fails
}

Ptr<CommandInputs> inputs = command->commandInputs();

Is there a way to get to the input by using Ptr<UI>

Thanks

Jonathan

Labels (1)
  • API
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
OceanHydroAU
in reply to: jonathandent

Hardly anyone uses C++

If you can, switching to Python would be an extrmely good idea.  Since you already know C++ - learning Python only takes a couple of days, and will greatly accelerate your development anyhow (so you save more than those days in the long run anyhow)

If you're stuck - go grab working examples and run from there - there's loads of "setup stuff" you can't guess from first principals...

Message 3 of 4
jonathandent
in reply to: OceanHydroAU

That's not very helpful when the powers above make you code in c++ for this plugin/addin...

My Addin works fine single threaded blocking fusions main thread when its working. I just wanted it to feel better with a cancel worker thread option included.

Lucky enough I have a direct contact at AutoDesk, I'm just awaiting a response.

Message 4 of 4
LaurinWeber
in reply to: OceanHydroAU

I know this is a really late reply but saying "hardly anyone uses c++" is not the answer people are looking for when explicitly asking for a cpp reference.

C++ so much faster and more optimized than python, so if i intend to make a highly complex programm and dont want my users to have to wait for some loadingbox i would recommend using C++ since it is very close to bare metal

There are numerous references that show how much faster C++ programms are compared to python

For example this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PcIJKd1PKU

Keep in mind that this is pure mathematics and doesnt even scratch the surface of the python interpreter boundries which is funnily written in C if i remember correctly

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Laurin Weber

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report