Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating an Add-in using FloatSliderCommandInput to modify point3D co-ordinates.

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
ph0en1x01
209 Views, 0 Replies

Creating an Add-in using FloatSliderCommandInput to modify point3D co-ordinates.

I have created a sample ladder frame chassis and have input parameters from an input box, but I am struggling to create an Add-in that can also modify point3D using addFloatSliderCommandInput.

Here, I created a body and mirrored it. The width parameter I used, dynamically changes with Command Dialog slider add-in. i.e., dimension of chassis changes in real time when I use slider add-in.
This snippet of chassis script:

# User Parameters
width='Width'
widthValue='65.7 cm'
newInputName=ui.inputBox("Enter a new User Parameter Name: ", "New User Parameter",Width)
newInputNumber=ui.inputBox("Enter a User Parameter Value: ","New User Parameter",widthValue)
realInputNumber=unitsMgr.evaluateExpression(newInputNumber[0],unitsMgr.defaultLengthUnits)
realValueInput=adsk.core.ValueInput.createByReal(realInputNumber)  value=design.userParameters.add(newInputName[0],realValueInput,unitsMgr.defaultLengthUnits,'')

# Create a Mirror of body
planeInput = planes.createInput()
offsetDistance = adsk.core.ValueInput.createByString(width) #################
planeInput.setByOffset(face1, offsetDistance)
plane = planes.add(planeInput)
plane.isLightBulbOn=False
inputEntites = adsk.core.ObjectCollection.create()
inputEntites.add(body1)
mirrorFeatures = features.mirrorFeatures
mirrorInput = mirrorFeatures.createInput(inputEntites, plane)
mirrorFeature = mirrorFeatures.add(mirrorInput)

Now, if I use the same distance i.e. width(valueInput) in point3D, it gives an error.
TypeError: Wrong number or type of arguments for overloaded function 'Point3D_create'

offsetDistance = adsk.core.ValueInput.createByString(Width)
pointA = adsk.core.Point3D.create(-15, -4.3, 0)
pointB = adsk.core.Point3D.create(offsetDistance, -4.3, 0)
lineAB = lines1.addByTwoPoints(pointA, pointB)

This somewhat worked for me, but it doesn't change the dimensions in real time with slider.

realInputNumber=unitsMgr.evaluateExpression(newInputNumber[0],unitsMgr.defaultLengthUnits)
pointB = adsk.core.Point3D.create(realInputNumber, -4.3, 0)

# or

Width = design.userParameters.itemByName(Width).value
pointB = adsk.core.Point3D.create(Width, -4.3, 0)

It appears that the variable Width is initialized only once when it is first set to the value of design.userParameters.itemByName(Width).value. After this, the value of Width remains constant, even if I change the value of the slider Add-in.

What I am looking to do is to dynamically change the width in real-time using a slider in the Command Dialog slider add-in, and perform operations on the width in Point3D, such as adsk.core.Point3D.create(width*2, -4.3, 0). This is only possible if width is a number, not a valueInput or string.

If it is not possible to modify the Point3D using User Parameters, then I would appreciate alternative methods for dynamically modifying a sketch created with Point3D using slider parameters.

Alternatively, if it is not possible to achieve this using a slider, then I am open to creating a single Add-in that can change the value of width after I click "ok". (P.S. I am not an expert in User Parameters with Add-ins.)

Screenshot (134).png

Here is my whole code:
EV Chassis Code
https://github.com/purushottamnawale/cad-customization-of-ev-chassis/blob/main/Chassis%20with%20Cros...

Slider Add-in Code:

https://github.com/purushottamnawale/cad-customization-of-ev-chassis/tree/main/Chassis%20Add-in

My previous question link:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusion-360-api-and-scripts/how-to-perform-operations-on-user-paramete...

GIF:

I have uploaded a GIF where a selected part is supposed to change the dimensions with respect to slider. 

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report