Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ComponentList object - explanation please ?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
gvisca44
139 Views, 1 Reply

ComponentList object - explanation please ?

Seeking assistance:

Can someone explain the ComponentList object to me ... and how it differs from the Components object ? There are a bunch of other ....List objects - so I assume they are all similar.

It appears like I can create a transient ComponentList object (say - a collection of components extracted from the design that match certain criteria) - and rather than traverse the main design to extract data, I could work on the transient ComponentList object (say to extract a bunch of data and output to a file).

If I am anywhere close to correct - can someone provide an example ? (to be clear - I have already developed scripts that do this ... I was just playing around with different approaches).

Glenn.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
kandennti
in reply to: gvisca44

Hi @gvisca44 .

A ComponentList object is a collection of Component objects, which can be retrieved with the item method.

https://help.autodesk.com/view/fusion360/ENU/?guid=GUID-GUID-0ddb54cd-cd21-4880-8458-42a5c390ce86 

I think the ComponentList object may be obtained by the return value of a method with a property, but I could not find the situation in which it could be obtained.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report