Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not remove add-ins

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
macmanpb
2532 Views, 5 Replies

Can not remove add-ins

Since last update i can not remove add-ins anymore.

Doing i something wrong?

macmanpb_1-1606238617940.png

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
kandennti
in reply to: macmanpb

Hi @macmanpb .

You are talking about this Update, right?

https://modthemachine.typepad.com/my_weblog/2019/10/un-remove-fusion-360-add-in.html 

I too find this inconvenient.
I'd like to see the feature restored by saying "UnRegister" instead of "Remove".

I'm not looking for it, but I'm guessing that the information registered in the My scripts/My add-ins is written out to a file somewhere. (json? xml?)

1.png

"Clear cache data" clears these registered information as well, and it's very time-consuming to restore them to their original state.

Does anyone know those information? I want to keep it back up.

Message 3 of 6
kandennti
in reply to: kandennti

Win10, but it included My scripts and My add-ins file path, etc.

C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Autodesk Fusion 360\<Account ID>\JSLoadedScriptsinfo

The contents are like a json format. 

Append.

Sorry, it was not managed in this file.

Message 4 of 6
macmanpb
in reply to: kandennti

No 🙂

The problem is that i can't remove Add-Ins in general. The option "Remove" is not present anymore!

For a normal user the is now no way to remove Add-Ins.

Message 5 of 6
BrianEkins
in reply to: macmanpb

The previous behavior was causing a lot of problems so it was decided to make a quick change and get rid of the "remove" option.

The problem is that it really didn't remove anything but just hid the script or add-in instead with no way to unhide it. People were mistakenly using "Remove" to uninstall an add-in, which is understandable because of the name. Then they wanted it back and reinstalled the add-in and it seemed the install didn't work because it didn't show up in the add-in list. The install did work but Fusion was still hiding the add-in because it had been "removed" before.

It was decided that losing the option to hide an add-in was better than the previous behavior so the Remove option was taken from the context menu. Hopefully in the future the Scripts and Add-ins dialog will get an overhaul and support a a show/hide along with other functionality no currently available.

To truly remove an add-in you should run its uninstaller or delete it from disk.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Brian Ekins
Inventor and Fusion 360 API Expert
Website/Blog: https://EkinsSolutions.com
Message 6 of 6
macmanpb
in reply to: BrianEkins

@BrianEkins Thank you for that explanation.

Ist the workaround, that @kandennti  has mentioned, the right way to remove an add-in?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report