Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C++ project compilation

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
daria-apps
425 Views, 4 Replies

C++ project compilation

I have created an addin that works fine on my Win10 computer but does not load on Win7 machines. I have downloaded Visual Studio on my other Win7 computer, build the addin there and it works on that particular computer and Win10 but not on other Win7 computers. What am I missing?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ekinsb
in reply to: daria-apps

Is your project using some other libraries that maybe aren't on the machines where it's not working?  Possibly they were installed when you installed Visual Studio and that's why it works on the machines where you compiled it. That's my first guess.

Brian Ekins
Inventor and Fusion 360 API Expert
Mod the Machine blog
Message 3 of 5
daria-apps
in reply to: ekinsb

Thanks for your reply. I tried to find the missing link and I finally found what I was doing wrong!

I wasn`t aware of platform toolset option importance. I have already instaled VS 2015 and 2013 but both do not have the default v110 platform toolset so the addin project is automatically uptaded to v140. I didn`t care about that fact because the dialog box with upgrade info has no options. The addin can be loaded on my computer then, but not on the others.

Finally I compiled the project on my old laptop with VS 2008 and 2013 installed where I had the v110 toolset available and the addin seems to work regardless of computer now.

Message 4 of 5
daria-apps

Searching through the .vcxproj I found I was wrong (accidentaly set different toolsets for release and debug) and the appropriate PlatformToolset is v120

Message 5 of 5
ekinsb

Thanks for letting us know you were able to resolve the issue.

Brian Ekins
Inventor and Fusion 360 API Expert
Mod the Machine blog

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report