Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bugs in IntegerSpinnerInput

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
erik
285 Views, 1 Reply

Bugs in IntegerSpinnerInput

I found a couple of bugs in the IntegerSpinnerCommandInput:

First, I tried to change the maximumvalue after I used the contructor. This resulted in no change in the maximumvalue when I tested the code. 

Change maximumValue.PNG

Then I wondered if I could just leave out the rest code in the constructor and not provide it with a maximum value but that wasn't an option.

The reason I found this bug was because I wanted to have a spinner without a maximum value, but I was unable to achieve that as well.

The second issue I found might not be on purpose. The spinner will change the value to 1 below the previous valid value, when the user has entered a value above the maximum value and use the arrow down. Is there a reason for not going to the maximum value? That seems more intuitive to me.

The third one is not a bug, but if anyone have an explanation as to why one cannot raise the value with each mouse click if one click too fast. It is by no means a problem I just wondered why.

- Erik

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
zhongyang.chenK3XZJ
in reply to: erik

Hello,

Thanks for reporting these bugs.

For the first issue, the maximumvalue is a readonly property. Currently the value range of a spinner command input cannot be modified after creation.

For the second issue, I think it is an Fusion UI behavior, not an API issue. You can post your what you want at Fusion 360 IdeaStation here: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusion-360-ideastation-request-a/idb-p/125/tab/most-recent

Fusion may change current behavior in the future if most people like this idea.

For the third issue, I don't have a good explanation now. Hopefully someone else may know more about it.

Zhongyang Chen
Fusion 360 API Developer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report