Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug when creating setups from the design enviroment

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Joshua.mursic
319 Views, 8 Replies

Bug when creating setups from the design enviroment

I am getting a bug that is hard to reproduce but causes the design environment in Fusion to stop working. The panel at the top is missing most of its buttons. I think the issue is that, I am creating a dialog in the design environment to make and generate a setup. If i activate the Manufacturing workspace in the ui, the command never completes and the icon is highlighted. But if i stay in the design environment, the command will complete and sometimes create these issues

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

I am not sure if this is the cause of this bug but it creates very strange issues in fusion

for example, if i right click on a component this fills my screen

Joshuamursic_0-1716314855401.png

Message 3 of 9

And another thing that is happening is the data panel says that I have the document open and reserved but i don't. Even after waiting 10+minutes for it to sync with the cloud.

Joshuamursic_0-1716315413097.png

Message 4 of 9

It seams to happen when calling .generateToolpath(). The bug never happens unless I call this definition.

Message 5 of 9
jeff.pek
in reply to: Joshua.mursic

Hi - Are you able to post a sample script and steps to reproduce the situation?

There are certainly some quirks if you do things on the Mfg side without the Manufacture workspace being activated.

Jeff

Message 6 of 9
Joshua.mursic
in reply to: jeff.pek

Thanks for the response, I have been trying to create a sample script and setup for several hours now and have not been able to reproduce the issue. I will keep trying, but in the meantime, i have made the command activate the manufacturing workspaces before it starts creating the setups. However, I noticed that the button icon for the command is still highlighted blue, even after I return to the design workspace and the command has completed and called the destroy handler. But if i don't switch workspaces the command terminates and the icon returns to its non active state as expected. I tried to call ui.terminateActiveCommand() in the execute handler, but this cause fusion to crash.

Message 7 of 9
Joshua.mursic

Hey @jeff.pek, I am still trying to get a reliable way to get this to happen. One thing I notice is that the setups that I am creating have a lot of individually selected faces from a BrepBody, and when the bug happens, inside the setup, it says that they are all Missing references. Are there limits to how many entities can be selected to be modeled in a setup?

Message 8 of 9
jeff.pek
in reply to: Joshua.mursic

Hi - No, I wouldn't expect so.

Jeff

Message 9 of 9
Joshua.mursic

I have attached a videos and some screen shots showing the issues that occur. 

Here is my left click menu, I cannot use any of the functions for the controls that are missing from the design toolbar. So maybe these commands crashed somehow? I also cannot create move or delete components. in the design workspace. However the manufacturing workspace remains unaffected.

Joshuamursic_0-1716639949303.png

I have attached the log files created by fusion.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators