Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[BUG] UserInterface.allToolbarPanels does not yield ALL panels.

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
zxynine
130 Views, 0 Replies

[BUG] UserInterface.allToolbarPanels does not yield ALL panels.

Hey, me again. I have been making an improved ui to file command when i noticed that some of the panels under quite a few workspaces were referencing an object that I did not already have by using ui.allToolbarPanels. I wrote a quick script and sure enough, many panels are included under workspaces but are not returned by ui.allToolbarPanels.

To investigate the problem, i created a script that output a list of all panels and then all workspaces with their panels that are not included in the list of all panels. The code is:

def CheckProduct(obj:adsk.core.Workspace):
		try: return obj.toolbarPanels and (obj.productType != '')
		except: return False #Tying to get its panels can throw an error

def TryGet(collection):
		for I in range(len(collection)):
			try: 
				colItem = collection.item(I)
				if not isinstance(colItem, (adsk.core.Workspace,adsk.core.ToolbarTab)) or CheckProduct(colItem):
					yield colItem
			except:pass

allPanels = [panel.id for panel in TryGet(ui.allToolbarPanels)]
	validWorkspaces = [workspace for workspace in TryGet(ui.workspaces)]
	allWorkspacePanels = {workspace.id: [panel.id for panel in TryGet(workspace.toolbarPanels)
																		if panel.id not in allPanels]
																			for workspace in validWorkspaces}
	ui.messageBox(str({
		'All Panels':allPanels, 
		'Workspace Panels':allWorkspacePanels}))

The code will create a list of all panel id's from ui.allToolbarPanels. Next it will iterate over each valid workspace, and create a list of all of its panels which are not in the ui.allToolbarPanels list. Lastly, it stores the id of the workspace and its panel ids in a dictionary and combines that in a list with the list of all panels which is converted into a string and output in a ui messagebox because I can copy that output, put it into vsCode, and treat it as json data to format it.

You can see the output in a gist i posted.

Labels (7)
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators