Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[BUG] ToolbarPanel.promotedControls throws exception when accessing

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
zxynine
159 Views, 1 Reply

[BUG] ToolbarPanel.promotedControls throws exception when accessing

I was receiving errors while accessing the promoted controls of each toolbar panel and after some debugging I found that it was happening in any panel that has a control promoted from inside of a dropdown control.

For example, it was throwing an error when I accessed Design(WS)->Solid(Tab)->Create(Panel)->promotedControls with the promoted controls being:

['FusionCreateNewComponentCommand', 'SketchCreate', 'Extrude', 'Revolve', 'SolidLoft', 'FusionHoleCommand', 'MirrorCommand', 'PatternRectangular']

Of those, "PatternRectangular" (Rectangular pattern command under the pattern dropdown ("PatternDropDown")) was the only control not from the toolbarpanels top level. After I removed its promotion, accessing the solid create panel no longer threw an error.

Hope this helps. I think this may be the root cause of some other exceptions while accessing various ui objects, I will look more into it. You can send my employee login info to my email. (Just joking lol but with how well I know fusions ui at this point, I wouldn't be opposed to applying to a position where I find bugs/create sample code if it existed, I quite like this stuff)

Labels (7)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
BrianEkins
in reply to: zxynine

I can reproduce the problem and will have a ticket created for it. That's a good guess at the problem is. I don't know if it's correct or not but my money is on your guess.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Brian Ekins
Inventor and Fusion 360 API Expert
Website/Blog: https://EkinsSolutions.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report