Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch models for identical but different sized (H&W Only) products.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
wbhburn
339 Views, 3 Replies

Batch models for identical but different sized (H&W Only) products.

I build windows for historic properties. In any given project the windows are typically identical except for height and width. I need to generate shop drawings for each window size for each client. 

I'm working on using CSV files to populate user parameters (via ParametersI/O addin). I can envision this working well for each window size but some clients have only two different sizes and others have as many as 12 different sizes. Can I somehow automate generating 2D shop drawings in batches or am I going to have to go through the steps to make shop drawings one window at a time? 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
nnikbin
in reply to: wbhburn

Hi @wbhburn 

I think there isn't any ready to use solution and you will need a custom-made addin to automate the whole process for multiple windows.

Message 3 of 4
wbhburn
in reply to: nnikbin

Thanks,

So where can I get a custom solution?
Message 4 of 4
nnikbin
in reply to: wbhburn

If you are familiar with programming and you are familiar with Fusion 360 API (or eager to learn it), perhaps you can write a custom add-in yourself.

Otherwise I suggest posting more detailed specification of your desired solution with some sample images here or to other forums. There may be developers who like to work with you to create a solution.

You can also contact developers and companies who can write custom programs to automate your workflows. The only company that I know is Ekins Solutions founded by @BrianEkins  (the original designer of Fusion 360 API and Inventor API). But there should be other developers and companies who can do the job.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report