Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of bolts profiles for 3DP parts

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
l.cariouVF6EP
242 Views, 2 Replies

Bank of bolts profiles for 3DP parts

Hi,

I recently used an old Ipad mini as a streamdeck with touch portal.

I have created a list of buttons (icons from F360) for the most common tools used in F360. The ipad is recognized as a keyboard and each icon send a shortcut used in F360. It started more as a gimmick but now I find it more and more convenient.

I would like to go further and create a list of ISO bolt profiles to design a footprint in which I can place a bolt after the 3d model is 3d printed.

I realize that I spend a lot of time to measure a bolt to draw the polygon at the right size.

Touch portal allow me to trigger the circumscribbed polygon tool and then key in the dimension. Unfortunatly it does not work because the mouse must move after the first click which select the center of the polygon and then dimension can be key-in. Touch portal does not propose to move the mouse.

Do you think a script could be the solution? A script drawing a polygon to a certain dimension in a sketch and then a shortcut triggers this script?

Hope you can support.

BR

Laurent 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
BrianEkins
in reply to: l.cariouVF6EP

What you're doing is interesting but I'm not seeing any way to tie this in with the API. You said the way it works is it mimicks the keyboard and sends shortcut keys to invoke the commands. Currently, Fusion doesn't support customization of the shortcut keys which means you only have access to the functionality that already has a keyboard shortcut associated with it. What we need is the ability to associate a keyboard shortcut with a custom command.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Brian Ekins
Inventor and Fusion 360 API Expert
Website/Blog: https://EkinsSolutions.com
Message 3 of 3
l.cariouVF6EP
in reply to: BrianEkins

Hi,

Yes your'e right. Finally I found a work around. A first button to start the drawing, I click with the mouse to select the location ( and start drawing the figure) and a second button to enter the size and validate automatically.

My ipad mini was totally useless for the past few years (not even able to open a web page anymore), at least now with an app which cost few bucks I can use it again.

Thanks for your feedback and I hope it can give some ideas to others.

BR

Laurent

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report