Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attempt to post on this forum - Nothing posted!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
pludikar
274 Views, 4 Replies

Attempt to post on this forum - Nothing posted!

I wanted to contribute to a post on this forum.  I created a response that included a couple of screenshots and a screencast.  Everything seemed to post as expected - including a success message and an updated message count.  But...  when I refresh my browser, or use a different browser my post is nowhere to be found.  Any ideas why?

regards

Peter

forum post.png

I'm not an expert, but I know enough to be very, very dangerous.

Life long R&D Engineer (retired after 30+ years in Military Communications, Aerospace Robotics and Transport Automation).
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
OceanHydroAU
in reply to: pludikar

Well, it is clearly working now 🙂

I usually ctrl-A + ctrl-C  (copy everything into clipboard) before I submit anything in all web forms - I hate re-typing stuff when it fails to post...

Message 3 of 5
pludikar
in reply to: OceanHydroAU

@OceanHydroAU 

Yup that's what I always do - Ctrl-A then Ctrl-C before hitting the Post button.  Too many times having lost long responses not to do this as a matter of course.

This post worked, but two attempts (separated by 24hrs) on the thread I wanted didn't, even though both times I got the message to say it had been successfully posted!

Peter

Life long R&D Engineer (retired after 30+ years in Military Communications, Aerospace Robotics and Transport Automation).
Message 4 of 5
BrianEkins
in reply to: pludikar

I've seen your post on the topic that can be seen in your image.  Did it finally make it or is something weird happening where only you are not able to see the post?

---------------------------------------------------------------
Brian Ekins
Inventor and Fusion 360 API Expert
Website/Blog: https://EkinsSolutions.com
Message 5 of 5
pludikar
in reply to: BrianEkins

@BrianEkins 

Hi Brian,

It's now coming up - so something weird definitely happened.  Any time I've posted anything before, it not only appeared immediately in the thread but also the thread was pushed to the top the main community directory (for a lack of a better word).  Both times I posted - my post appeared momentarily, then no other indication that it had been accepted.  I didn't want the post to appear twice, so not knowing what was happening was a bit concerning.

Peter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report