Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AsBuiltJoint API does not include angle editing

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
ckannmac
89 Views, 1 Reply

AsBuiltJoint API does not include angle editing

I am trying to create a script to move an assembly through a specific range of motion about a certain joint and then run an interference analysis as the bodies move through this path. I made this joints AsBuiltJoint's because they made more sense as I was constructing the assembly. However, I am looking at the API for both the Joint and AsBuiltJoint and the Joint as a property called "angle" where I can change the angle of the joint. However, AsBuiltJoint has no such property. Why is this? It seems odd to me that there is no option in AsBuiltJoint to edit the angle in script when the functionality exists for the Joint. Is there any workaround that I can use for now other than replacing the AsBuiltJoints as Joints? Its a complex assembly and would be a hassle to change all the joints. Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
BrianEkins
in reply to: ckannmac

Based on your description, I assume the motion of your as-built joint is a revolution joint. From the AsBuiltJoint object, you can use its jointMotion property to get a RevoluteJointMotion object. The RevoluteJointMotion object supports the rotationValue property that you can use to rotate the part.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Brian Ekins
Inventor and Fusion 360 API Expert
Website/Blog: https://EkinsSolutions.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report