Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

API or Script to Renumber tools

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
kylematthew159
322 Views, 5 Replies

API or Script to Renumber tools

Hello, I was wondering if it was possible to write a program or script that could change the tool numbers for my tools. I'm well aware the methods build into fusion to accomplish this but I want something I little more powerful. I know the API features on the CAM side are lackluster for the time being, but basically I'm just wondering if this is possible before I start investing time into creating it.

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
BrianEkins
in reply to: kylematthew159

It's not currently possible.  Nothing associated with tooling is exposed through the API.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Brian Ekins
Inventor and Fusion 360 API Expert
Website/Blog: https://EkinsSolutions.com
Message 3 of 6
kylematthew159
in reply to: BrianEkins

That's what I thought but I figured I'd ask. Thanks.

Message 4 of 6
alexpinson5

Is this still the case in 2022?

I'm looking to use a Python script to simply compile all of the tool numbers being used in a file. It looks like I can't access the parameter for the tool in an operation:

alexpinson5_0-1668275779052.png

I don't need any other info about the tool, just it's number. Worst case I can use the API to generate a setup sheet and then pull the numbers from the HTML file, but I would much prefer if it's possible to access them directly from the API...

Message 5 of 6
BrianEkins
in reply to: alexpinson5

This still is not available. Hopefully soon.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Brian Ekins
Inventor and Fusion 360 API Expert
Website/Blog: https://EkinsSolutions.com
Message 6 of 6
alexpinson5

There appears to be at least some level of availability/connection to the tooling info - after playing around a bit more I'm able to use the 'tool_number' and 'tool_diameter' parameters with no issue. I haven't tried anything else, but it is available to some extent.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report