Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

API - hole setPositionByPlaneAndOffsets - bug(?)

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
pludikar
243 Views, 1 Reply

API - hole setPositionByPlaneAndOffsets - bug(?)

I'm trying to set the location of a hole a fixed distance from 2 sides of a corner, using 

returnValue = holeFeatureInput_var.setPositionByPlaneAndOffsets(planarEntity, point, edgeOne, offsetOne, edgeTwo, offsetTwo) 

I can get this to work as expected on an occurrence, but when the Occurrence has either been moved (with position capture) or is located via a join, then the direction of the two offsets appear to be unpredictable.  This results in the hole being placed in the wrong quadrant, but depends on the actual location of the corner.

I have definitely placed the initial guess position (point) correctly, and the final hole center should be exactly on the guess point - so the positioning algorithm should resolve to an immediate solution.  I created a sketch and visually confirmed that the location of the initial guess point is where I expected it to be.  Both offsets are the same and positive.  Hole centers on unmoved, and non-joined occurrences are also exactly where I expected them to be - on the sketch point.

I suspect this is a bug.  If it isn't, could you provide a code example based on occurrences.

Thanks

I'm not an expert, but I know enough to be very, very dangerous.

Life long R&D Engineer (retired after 30+ years in Military Communications, Aerospace Robotics and Transport Automation).
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
pludikar
in reply to: pludikar

Apologies - just realised this was posted in the API forum - I meant to post under Support (reposted - see here)

I'm not an expert, but I know enough to be very, very dangerous.

Life long R&D Engineer (retired after 30+ years in Military Communications, Aerospace Robotics and Transport Automation).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report