Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

API call to createDXF2DImportOptions fails on some installations

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
maurizio_mottarellaP385U
98 Views, 1 Reply

API call to createDXF2DImportOptions fails on some installations

Hi Fusion 360,

I have a very strange problem. On some installation of Fusion 360  the call to API function createDXF2DImportOptions fails, returning NULL, apparently without any reason. I made a lot of testing and my code seems correct. The parameters that I pass to the function are correct and my application ( a c++ plug in) normally works.

However I have two installations in which my plug in does not work, with exactly the same binaries.

The functions that fails is

Ptr<DXF2DImportOptions> dxfOptions = importManager->createDXF2DImportOptions(filename, plane);

The version of Fusion 360 is exactly the same, where can be the problem ? Maybe some options ?

thank you in advance

Maurizio

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

I don't remember the details, but there are some limitations with the translators supported when running a "personal use" license. I don't remember if the DXF translator is included or not and I don't know if the use of a "personal use" license might apply in your case or not. 

---------------------------------------------------------------
Brian Ekins
Inventor and Fusion 360 API Expert
Website/Blog: https://EkinsSolutions.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report