Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

API and script tutorial

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
pjreijiri
322 Views, 3 Replies

API and script tutorial

Hello guys,

Any idea where to start if I want to learn how to create a script or add-in for fusion 360?

Also what is the difference between the two?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Rushikesh.kadam
in reply to: pjreijiri

@pjreijiri for resources to start with, please refer the link http://help.autodesk.com/view/fusion360/ENU/?guid=GUID-A92A4B10-3781-4925-94C6-47DA85A4F65A .

The same link can be accessed from Fusion application through Help >> Learning and Documentation >> Fusion 360 API.

It contains loads of data to work on Fusion API's. It also has videos for easy understanding.

To understand the difference between scripts and add-in refer to the topic 'Scripts vs. Add-Ins' in the link http://help.autodesk.com/view/fusion360/ENU/?guid=GUID-9701BBA7-EC0E-4016-A9C8-964AA4838954

Regards,

Rushikesh Kadam.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If my reply was helpful, please give a "Like" or click the "Accept as Solution" button below (or both).

Rushikesh Kadam
Senior QA Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 4
pjreijiri
in reply to: Rushikesh.kadam

Thank you Rushikesh

That is a lot of reading to do, but a good starting point. Thank you very much

Message 4 of 4

To add to @Rushikesh.kadam's answer, I would also recommend looking at the sample scripts, and this YouTube video for a place to start.

Unfortunately, I would say the official documentation from Autodesk is very lacking. The example scripts can be helpful but they really are not structured like a tutorial. They are a really random smattering, some too specific and simple and some too complex and general, and they aren't sorted in any way that's helpful to someone new.

It would be great if Autodesk would make a real tutorial with smaller example scripts that build on each-other.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report