Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

API and Fusion Manage extension

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
tillman.boenisch
305 Views, 5 Replies

API and Fusion Manage extension

Hi.

We are using Fusion and the manage extension. With the manage extension you can generate individual item numbers for parts. But the item number is a attribute of the properties. For making the search for a item number easier, we want the item number to be part of the parts name so for instance:

The original partname is "Bracket" and this part has the item number PN-000382 and the Revision B

Then i want the Part to be renamed to "PN-000382-A_Bracket".

For now we are doing it manually. But i want to make a Python skript to automise this. It is possible to get the name of a document and to change the name with a skript. But is it possible to get the item number and Revision of a part using a python skript and if so how?

Thanks for the help and best Regards

Tillman

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hi @tillman.boenisch .

I thought it could be an Occurrence object, but I could not find any properties that would allow it.
I don't have Manage Extension and can't try it out, so I can't confirm it, but I think it probably doesn't provide the functionality.

Message 3 of 6

Hi. I tried with occurence but did not find any matching attribute

Message 4 of 6

Hi @tillman.boenisch ,

I neither have the managed extension, but could you share a copy of a design as an example to try to help you with the solution?

Message 5 of 6

Screenshot (248).png

This is a screenshot of an example part. In the Properties the attributes Item Number and Revision is listed. But i think this information is lost when i export the document. But if this helps then this would be great. The manage website also has a script area where the processes are managed. There is also a script describing the item number sequence. But i don't want to screw with it.

Screenshot 2023-05-01 221728.png

Message 6 of 6

Hey @tillman.boenisch, the properties under the General tab in your screen shot are part of Fusion 360 and the items under the Manage tab are part of the Manage extension. Currently I do not believe the API exposes the Fusion 360 Manage Extension, so programmatically changing the part name is probably not possible at the moment. @BrianEkins would know for sure if it is exposed or not. I would also be interested in having the manage extension exposed to the fusion API. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report