Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annoying.... Run Time Error 3 - Invalid argument resourceFolder

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Six1Seven1
509 Views, 2 Replies

Annoying.... Run Time Error 3 - Invalid argument resourceFolder

I am attempting to revisit some code i wrote, with the great help of Brian Ekins and some others after many months (thanks Brian!). Through various MacOS reinstalls since, i lost my resources folder, but retained the code.

Not to my surprise i am greeted with annoying finicky errors related to image inputs. Solved most with file name changes, etc. This one is just annoying (see attached).

Screen Shot 2018-02-02 at 12.08.23 AM.png

My resources folder is CORRECT and it's associated image input is CORRECT. 

Attached is all you need to diagnose the issue. The .rtf/.txt is the same code found in .py

Any help appreciated.

Sincerely,

-Frustrated

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pludikar
in reply to: Six1Seven1

@Six1Seven1

Hi,

On line 69 - change './Resources/Image Input/body threads' to './Resources/Image Input'

Then reduce the size of your .png to either 16x16 or 32x32 and rename it to 16x16-normal.png and/or 32x32-normal.png

You can also empty the folder, and run the add-in - it will fill the folder with appropriate .pngs, but they will have '?'.  replace the images with appropriately sized images (keep the naming).

Each resource needs to be in a separate folder

Hope that helps.

Peter

I'm not an expert, but I know enough to be very, very dangerous.

Life long R&D Engineer (retired after 30+ years in Military Communications, Aerospace Robotics and Transport Automation).
Message 3 of 3
pludikar
in reply to: pludikar

Just thinking about this a bit more:

You could leave Line 69 alone (which is probably what I should have suggested the first time 🙂 ), but create a subdirectory to  /Image input.  It's now obvious that  './Resources/Image Input/body threads' points to a directory, and not a file

the 16x16 or 32x32 png files should then reside in that directory.

Hope that helps.

Peter 

I'm not an expert, but I know enough to be very, very dangerous.

Life long R&D Engineer (retired after 30+ years in Military Communications, Aerospace Robotics and Transport Automation).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report