Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adding CSV-BOM

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
JohnnyBeales
567 Views, 3 Replies

adding CSV-BOM

I have been using the add-in CSV-BOM for several months but have either deleted it or it has been deleted.

I can download it again but don't seem to be able to add it again.

I have downloaded the zip file, available here, but when I go to the appropriate folder when in Fusion, going to add-ins, clicking on the green + and navigating to the appropriate folder the .py files are all greyed out.

I think I have followed the instructions to the letter, and have added it before, so am wondering if I am doing something wrong or if there is an issue.

I'm using a macbook pro if that makes any difference.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
kandennti
in reply to: JohnnyBeales

Hi @JohnnyBeales .

When registering an add-in, instead of specifying the .py file, specify the parent folder.

Also, if you download a zip file from github, it will have a name like "-master", but you need to change it and make it look like this.

CSV-BOM-Plus(folder name)
├─CSV-BOM-Plus.manifest
└─CSV-BOM-Plus.py

Message 3 of 4
BrianEkins

When you add a script or add-in to the dialog, you select the folder that contains the script or add-in files, not the py file inside the folder.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Brian Ekins
Inventor and Fusion 360 API Expert
Website/Blog: https://EkinsSolutions.com
Message 4 of 4
JohnnyBeales

Thank you both, and for the fast response.

It's simple when you know how but the instructions on github say to select the .py file.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report