Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add-in icons won't update

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
erik
341 Views, 6 Replies

Add-in icons won't update

I have had a lot of success designing icons and using them for the add-ins.

Today I just wanted to update the icons of one of the add-ins, but Fusion didn't let me.

I move the old icons out and added new ones to the folder where direct my add-in to pick them up.

Then I restarted the add-in, no change in icon. Restarted Fusion, same. Lastly I restarted my pc, but that didn't change the icons either.

It really seems like the images are saved somewhere in Fusion, and I can't seem to clear cache or something like that.

Does Fusion store the add-ins images somewhere?

And does anyone know how to change the icons and get Fusion to update them?

- Erik

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
marshaltu
in reply to: erik

Hello,

What did you mean "add-in icons"? If you were meaning icons for the command created in your addin, you should be able to modify them by setting CommandDefinition.resourceFolder. It would be great if you can provide a piece of codes or snapshot to demo your issue. You can post here or send it to me by email "marshal dot tu at autodesk dot com".

Thanks,

Marshal

Marshal Tu
Fusion 360 Developer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 7
erik
in reply to: marshaltu

I was able to import images to my add-in, but when I exhanged them with new images they did not update in Fusion.

By clearing the cache files I was able to get Fusion to update the add-in icons. I don't know if it is a solution, but it worked for me.

- Erik

Message 4 of 7
marshaltu

Hello,

It looked Fusion didn't update the icons when you replaced them at disk location. The best practice would be to use API replace icons if you want icons are updated right away. However I didn't see side effect with the solution you used. Did it ask restarting Fusion to take icons replacement effect?

Thanks,

Marshal

Marshal Tu
Fusion 360 Developer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 7
erik

What is API replace icons?

No, that was the strange part. I closed Fusion. Removed the images from the folder (I refered to in my Add-in), moved the new images to the folder, and then restarted Fusion.

But when I restarted Fusion, the icons did not reflect the actual images in the folder, but the ones I moved out.

- Erik

Message 6 of 7
marshaltu

Hello,

I meant to call API to replace icons. For example: you can replace the icons of command by setting the property "CommandDefinition.resourceFolder".

Thanks,

Marshal

Marshal Tu
Fusion 360 Developer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 7
erik

Hmm, I just tried to redo the same procedure of chaning the icon for my add-in, but this time Fusion had updated the icon immediately after I reopened it.

I don't know what caused the issue in the first place, but I will report back if it happens again and I see a pattern.

- Erik

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums