Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access to the new feature 'Configure' via API

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
en9y37
308 Views, 2 Replies

Access to the new feature 'Configure' via API

Hi all!

These days I'm testing the beautiful new feature 'Configure' in the design workspace.

en9y37_1-1692892115027.png

I wonder if somehow I can manage this information via API, specially if I want to insert one 'configurated' design into another. I mean, if I try that action via the user interface, I'm asked to choose which configuration I'd like to insert (that's amazing), like this:

en9y37_2-1692892497376.png

May I replicate this behavior via API or is in the roadmap the ability to manage the 'Configuration' information?

Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
BrianEkins
in reply to: en9y37

This isn't supported by the API yet. It's usually best to wait a release or two for big functionality like this before exposing an API, in case there are any bigger changes that need to be made based on the initial feedback. Hopefully, it's coming soon though.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Brian Ekins
Inventor and Fusion 360 API Expert
Website/Blog: https://EkinsSolutions.com
Message 3 of 3
jordan783ZS
in reply to: en9y37

I'm definitely very keen to make use of this in the API too, so keen to see when its released.
I just hope that the change to this configuration model doesn't break any of my existing addins

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report