Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access sheet metal rules from API?

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
p.seem
347 Views, 1 Reply

Access sheet metal rules from API?

Is it possible to access the parameters that make up the sheet metal rules from within the API?  I'd like to get the thickness rule for a particular component, but I can't see the parameter in the component or rootCompoment modelParamters list, nor in the design's allParameter's list.

In the UI, Thickness appears in Parmaters under Sheet Metal Rules, which are a subset of the modelParamters, so I'm hoping I'm just looking at the wrong level.  Does anyone know if these parameters are accessible from the API, and if, at what hierarchical level I can find them?

Thanks,

PS

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
BrianEkins
in reply to: p.seem

Unfortunately, the values in the sheet metal rule aren't regular parameters so they're not accessible through the existing API and not API has been exposed for the sheet metal functionality.

The only workaround that I can see for getting the thickness is to evaluate the model to infer the thickness based on the geometry.  If you need to set the thickness, I don't see any workaround for that.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Brian Ekins
Inventor and Fusion 360 API Expert
Website/Blog: https://EkinsSolutions.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report