Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2D Slicer add in

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
ramey510
256 Views, 5 Replies

2D Slicer add in

I have just tried the 2D slicer add-in and have a question. I intend on using this to cut pieces on the laser cutter. However, i do not see a setting for material thickness. I would like to know that the slots are correctly sized. Am I missing something?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
bram_hendrickx
in reply to: ramey510

I've added a couple new materials to Slicer based on what I have available. Thickness is a parameter there.

So in Slicer, in the left menu after importing, you have a section "manufacturing settings". You'll see a little pencil and a dropdown in there, click on the pencil, create your own material (example: MDF board 300 mm * 600 mm with thickness 4mm). Done 🙂

Message 3 of 6
ramey510
in reply to: bram_hendrickx

Thank you for the response. Any tips on scaling the DXF? I am importing into Adobe illustrator and the scale does not seem to be correct.

Message 4 of 6
bram_hendrickx

Hi,

I'm importing into Inkscape and the scaling was correct on my first try. To be clear, my settings for importing into inkscape are:

- Method of scaling: manual scale

- Manual scale factor: 1.0

- x + y origin: both 0

- encoding: Latin 1

- Text font: Arial.

Can't really help you with Illustrator though 😞

Message 5 of 6
ramey510
in reply to: bram_hendrickx

Thanks for this information, I am now able to get it to scale correctly though the notches are a little large. I set my material thickness at 5.35 and the notches are coming off the laser cutter at about 1mm over 5.35. Is this changed with notch factor? 

Message 6 of 6
bram_hendrickx

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply. I'm afraid I can't help you there. I've only used the slicer a handful times so far and for me it seems to have been a good fit each time.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report