Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 11 + Dual Monitor: Fusion 360 won't appear

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
marc.reese
193 Views, 4 Replies

Windows 11 + Dual Monitor: Fusion 360 won't appear

Multi-monitor support in fusion 360 has always been iffy in Windows - but since upgrading to Windows 11 it is purely buggy. Myself and three colleagues can only get Fusion 360 to load when laptops are connected to the work docks with second display. When it is disconnected (laptop screen only) the program loads but is still "displayed" on the secondary monitor, and it will not move (win key + arrows) back to the primary / only monitor.  The program is totally unusable unless connected back to a secondary display where it displays again.  Restarting the program doesn't help, it still goes to the secondary display. maximized / minimized startup mode, shift+click on the icon and selecting "Move", F360 repair or restore or reinstall.... nothing seems to work. Contacted support  via e-mail but no reply.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
P-BvanWyk
in reply to: marc.reese

Good day @marc.reese,

I encountered a lot of issues with F360 freezing if I'm working on my second monitor.

Less so after the recent update, leading me to believe that the development team is in the process of addressing the multi-screen issues.
Hope the January update resoles your issue.

Please click on Accept Solution to help other community members solve their issues.
Also, consider giving a Like to the comments that you feel added value.

Kind regards,
Pieter-Ben van Wyk
Message 3 of 5
TrippyLighting

I am wondering if there is a graphics driver issue here.

I work on an older Dell Precision 7550 Notebook with Windows 11 with two external monitors and run Fusion 360 on one of them.

Undocking the Laptop from the docking station with Fusion 360 still running - which I do frequently - usually returns it to the notebook screen and I don't encounter these issues.

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
marc.reese

@Anonymous and @Anonymous, thank you both for your reply!

Updating Fusion 360 to the latest version (Jan 2023) did provide some change to this problem.  Now if I unplug from my dock / 2nd display it does return to the primary monitor. It's a bit of a jumble (screenshot below), but at least I can close the program and re-open it now and it will refresh the graphics. This is similar to what it was doing with Windows 10 except the scaling was more localized to the ribbon.

marcreese_0-1674568771388.png

Message 5 of 5
P-BvanWyk

Glad to hear there is progress.

And thank you for the update 😀

Please click on Accept Solution to help other community members solve their issues.
Also, consider giving a Like to the comments that you feel added value.

Kind regards,
Pieter-Ben van Wyk

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report