Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SVG generates a 'Compute Failed: Failed to solve' warning

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
eric.beeckmans
1320 Views, 8 Replies

SVG generates a 'Compute Failed: Failed to solve' warning

Hi,

I created a relatively simple svg (in attach) in Inkscape. I then drew a rectangle in Fusion, extruded it, and inserted the svg on the top surface of the body (parallel to the XY plane). This generates a 'Compute Failed' warning, as seen in the screenshot below.

However, if I select the sketch, and redefine the sketch plane to XY, the warning disappears. So the first warning seems to be a bug.

Or is my sketch faulty? 

Any advice appreciated.

Capture.PNG

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

I see this too.  This seems like a bug.  Let me look into it further.  I found, though, that if you "unfix" all the geometry in the sketch, the error goes away

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 3 of 9
g-andresen
in reply to: jeff_strater

Hi Jeff,

I was able to create the extrusion both in the fixed and in the unfixed state of the sketch without error message (several times).

günther

Message 4 of 9

For sake of completeness: I use the latest windows version. the warning appears the moment you click 'Finish Sketch'. Extruding isn't really required. Extruding works regardless of the warning, since the path is closed. It's just that the warning isn't really helpful, and rather even very confusing. 

Unfixing the sketch did get rid of the warning. Thanks for the reply, I hope you track the bug down.

Message 5 of 9

I only see the error if I project the face of the rectangle into the sketch. I guess you might have auto project on so the face is automatically projected.

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 9

Confirmed. If I turn off 'Auto project geometry on active sketch plane' the warning is gone.

Message 7 of 9
jeff_strater
in reply to: jeff_strater

I created bug FUS-54205 to investigate and track this problem

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 8 of 9
keqingsong
in reply to: eric.beeckmans

Hi eric.beeckmans, we just released a new product update and should have fixed this issue.

Keqing Song
Autodesk Fusion Community Manager
Portland, Oregon, USA

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider

Message 9 of 9
keqingsong
in reply to: eric.beeckmans

Hey schack.lindemann,

We just released a new product update and should have fixed this legacy issue. Now opacity changes should also affect translucent materials. 

Keqing Song
Autodesk Fusion Community Manager
Portland, Oregon, USA

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report