Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rail error on spline - do not intersect

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
thing.thing
615 Views, 6 Replies

rail error on spline - do not intersect

I think this might be a bug but it could be me.   I seem unable to draw a rail for a loft using a spline.  It seems I am unable to pick an intersect point no matter how hard I try.  So Im suspecting its a bug as googling seems to suggest this.  So I cant get rail 4 to work, even after multiple tries.

profile-error-rail4.png

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
thing.thing
in reply to: thing.thing

Also the two lower rails if I pick them give the same error, so its either a technique I need to know about, or a bug.

Message 3 of 7
davebYYPCU

And will never work, your profile no.2. Is a point, therefore all rails must connect to that point.

Might help...

Message 4 of 7
thing.thing
in reply to: davebYYPCU

Hmm, when I zoom in it looks to me that the rail isnt actually connected to the ship's frame / cross section (profile?)    but I'll go and try your idea, easy to test.

***edit*** yes you appear to be correct, thanks.....bugger.

Message 5 of 7
thing.thing

Actually its happening again and the rails meet the point this time, so its maybe some sort of in-accuracy/error but I can work around it I think

Message 6 of 7
davebYYPCU

I was making the point that, because profile 2, is a point at the top of the bow, then rails 4,5 & 6., would be required to connect to profile 2, and profile 1.

Will be back on Fusion on Monday, can't check the file till then.

Good that you have found other disconnects.

Message 7 of 7
thing.thing
in reply to: davebYYPCU

Thanks, it would be good to know if its me doing something wrong, simply not possible due to function or a bug.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report