Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part list content vanishes

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
GeoffPacker7777
1177 Views, 7 Replies

Part list content vanishes

Hello,

Working on drawings with part lists. Generating the part lists has not been an issue, and I have revised drawings several times no problems by archiving and uploading back into fusion.

All was working last night on this file, but this morning the parts list are no longer populating on the drawings. Just empty, tried a new table, deleting table etc.

If start a new drawing the part list is populated.

I have about 6 drawings that I would rather not redo, several hours work!

Any advise or is just redraw the lot?

Geoff

Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

When you say archive and uploaded, do you mean you edited them out side of Fusion, then re-uploaded them? 

Ryan Bales
Fusion 360 Product Support
Message 3 of 8

Hello Ryan,

The file has stayed within Fusion. In order to start a new revision drawing I open the drawing on the web, download an archive version and then upload the file into a new folder. Don't think this is an issue as it worked ok to start with?

Due to time, I have re-drawn the sheets.

Unfortunately I had to make a minor alteration and the same thing has happened, all the part lists vanish and they will not re-populate.

All I can seemingly do is start another drawing, but I now have around 25 sheets!hertford-before.PNGhertford-after.PNG

Tags (1)
Message 4 of 8
cmiller66
in reply to: GeoffPacker7777

Hi Goeff,

Would you be able to email me (christopher.miller@autodesk.com) the f3z of this drawing with the parts list issue?  Can you also try placing a new balloon to a component in that drawing?  Since the components are not being recognized for the parts list I'm anticipating that will not work (may give you a message about needing to be a component), but it would be good to verify too.

Thanks,

Chris

Message 5 of 8
cmiller66

Hi Goeff,

Thank you for sending me the file, I was able to reproduce the problem you're seeing.  A few questions:

1. Did you create this drawing using a customized template, possibly with placeholder views?

2. If you did, could you export/send me that template (.f2t) file?

3. I see your design is Rev F, is this the 5th time that original base design/xrefs has been exported and re-uploaded?  If so I'm assuming all was well for Rev A-E?

4. Since I just uploaded the f3z all my files are version 1.  In the data panel if you promote the version of the drawing (last saved before the last design edit was made), do the parts list/balloons work?

Thanks,
Chris

Message 6 of 8
GeoffPacker7777
in reply to: cmiller66

Hello Chris,

Sorry about the delay. In answer to your questions

1. Yes, I used a template file
  2. Yes, file attached
  3. This set of drawings has had 3 revisions.  1st revisions still ok with tables. Issue happened on 2nd set but seems ok now! 3rd set started a new drawing from template. Tables vanished again after some minor alterations.
  4. reluctant to promote drawing as the project is still live, but did try in the past with no success.
Message 7 of 8
cmiller66

Hi Geoff,

Thanks for following up.  We've tracked down reliable steps to make this happen which involved deleting a sheet in a drawing that contained views/balloons/parts list.  This then (unexpectedly) had a negative reaction on tables on other sheets.  With an auto-generated drawing (views/parts list on each sheet) this is something that could be encountered easily. We're working on a fix for this.  There's always the possibility there are other ways to hit this (or it's a different issue), so if you see this happen again and recall what you did, please let me know.

Thanks,

Chris

Message 8 of 8

I had the same trouble. I have been lost all table list on all my sheets.

But now its ok (version 2.0.4285)

Thanks for solving this problem

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report