Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mouse scrolling not zooming in/out after April update

104 REPLIES 104
SOLVED
Message 1 of 105
GeoffPacker7777
8257 Views, 104 Replies

Mouse scrolling not zooming in/out after April update

Middle mouse scrolling not zooming in after April 2019 update during in mid command, eg extrude or sweep, I can't zoom in with the scroll wheel on my mouse. Double tapping the middle mouse zooms out, but have to use the view commands at base of view-port in order to zoom.
104 REPLIES 104
Message 2 of 105
bharamk
in reply to: GeoffPacker7777

Dear GeoffPacker7777, Could you please try clicking outside the command dialog of Extrude/Sweep once and then try to perform Zoom In/Out operation as workaround? Thanks for sharing will discuss it further with development team. Thanks, Ketan Bharamgunde
Thanks & Regards,
Ketan Bharamgunde
Sr.SW Eng.Test

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 105
maintenance
in reply to: bharamk

This is very annoying.

Also happens after selecting a sketch tool so you cant zoom in or out when mid rectange or circle etc, makes things very akward/near imposible.

Do you guys know when this will be sorted?

Message 4 of 105
Phil.E

UPDATE: We now know what is causing this and are working to fix it. Thanks everyone for helping figure it out.

We'll get back to you soon about this issue, it's our top focus until it's fixed.

@GeoffPacker7777  @maintenance  and anyone else who sees this problem, please respond:

1. What kind of mouse do you have?

2. What is your operating system, e.g. Win or Mac?

3. Are you using a second monitor?

Ultimately, it would also help if you could make a video using Autodesk Screencast. This will pick up all mouse events like scrolling and show exactly what's going on. 

Thanks,

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 105
GeoffPacker7777
in reply to: Phil.E

Hello Phil

Very frustrating day with this issue.

1. I have a rival 300 steel series mouse
  2. windows 7 (yes I know needs upgrading)
  3. Yes

Message 6 of 105

@GeoffPacker7777 @maintenance sorry to bombard you with questions - I'm also throwing my hat in the ring to diagnose this.

Are you able to provide a screen recording of the behavior? One thing I need to clarify is where the mouse cursor is when scrolling is attempted. As long as my mouse is in the canvas, I can scroll. If I move the mouse over a command window, or over the tabbed toolbar, I cannot scroll. Is this the case for you? Or you can't zoom even when your mouse is in the canvas?

Lance Carocci
Fusion QA for UI Framework/Cloud Workflows, and fervent cat enthusiast
Message 7 of 105
Phil.E

Thanks for the reply. Do you have another mouse you can try? Are there newer drivers for your mouse? Can you try using only one monitor? And a video made with Screencast would show the mouse activity, if you have the time. Regards,

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 8 of 105
GeoffPacker7777
in reply to: bharamk

mid, left and right clicking do nothing. Scrolling sometimes comes back to life but rarely. Works fine again once out of command, 99.99% sure it is not mouse.

revolve seems affected to, but not hole

most commands initially does not work, but once a middle click has been performed scrolling works

Using crtl+mid mouse button a lot to pan instead of zoom, but very irritating!

please fix!!!!

Message 9 of 105

After April 2019 update in sheet metal: When I select flange tool, zoom is working good. Select base flange - works good, but when I select 1st flange "wall/side", then zoom is not working anymore. I can rotate but not zoom with scroll button.
Message 10 of 105
Phil.E
in reply to: sandris.vitolins

Hi all, Clearly there is a problem, however we cannot currently reproduce it. That's why we're asking so many questions. What is the navigation mode you are using in Fusion? Under preferences you can set Solidworks, Fusion, Inventor, Alias, and Tinkercad. Which one are you using? If you are using a second monitor, can you try using only one monitor? What operating system are you using?

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 11 of 105
Phil.E

Here is the Autodesk Screencast site, please make a video. https://knowledge.autodesk.com/community/screencast

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 12 of 105
sandris.vitolins

Message 13 of 105
GeoffPacker7777

Hello Phil, Link to the screencast: https://autode.sk/2U6NL4N On my random thrashing of the mouse I discovered that right clicking reactivates the scroll zoom, until I rotate, and then it stop working. Mouse drivers are up to date. Yesterday fusion was fine, used it all day without issues, nightmare today! I can try on my lappy at home later, and bring that mouse to work to try PS the manage lost projections is excellent, well done!
Message 14 of 105
Phil.E

UPDATE: We now know what is causing this and are working to fix it. Thanks everyone for helping figure it out.

We'll get back to you soon about this issue, it's our top focus until it's fixed.

Here is what we know so far: 1. Both videos show Solidworks navigation mode. 2. One video shows that Fusion is on a second monitor. 3. One person has said they are using Win 7 Is anyone else using a different navigation mode and seeing the same problem? Is anyone else seeing the problem with only one monitor? Is anyone using something other than Win 7?

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 15 of 105
sandris.vitolins

I have this problem not only with flange tool... There is more.... Video https://autode.sk/2ImQ5Cw
Message 16 of 105
Phil.E

Thanks for the second video. Can you confirm what operating system you are using?

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 17 of 105
knickmachining

I am also having trouble with mouse scrolling/zooming since the April 8 update. Zooming stops working as soon as I merely select something in the browser. I am using Windows 7, doesn't make a difference if I use one or two monitors. Also doesn't matter which navigation mode I use. Video here: https://autode.sk/2YSKWYC
Message 18 of 105
sandris.vitolins

I'm using Win 7 Pro on two computers and the same results on both - after update zoom problem 😞

Message 19 of 105
Phil.E

@sandris.vitolins Thanks.

So far we have narrowed it down to Win 7. I'm curious if you could try another mouse, a totally different model of mouse. If the issue continues then we can eliminate the mouse and concentrate on reproducing the issue with Win 7. We need to reproduce the effect in order to debug it.

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 20 of 105
Anonymous

I'm experiencing the same problem since the update on a brand new up to date Win 7 installation.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report