Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

March update Toolbar scaling issues and what do about it

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
keqingsong
2930 Views, 15 Replies

March update Toolbar scaling issues and what do about it

Update March 19, 2019:
Good News!
We have a fix in our development build and are working on getting this ready for the next update. The fix will rectify the toolbar clipping issue, even with override hi DPI option turned on for Windows. The fix will land in the April update. To all of you who experienced this issue and shared your information with us, thanks for the help and support, we really appreciate it! 

___

Hey all, we've heard multiple reports from you that you're seeing bad scaling issues with the new toolbar post our latest March 11 update. I'm creating this thread so we can keep track of what has been reported and our progress on getting this issue sorted. Here's what we know. 

Who does this affect This issue affects you if you are:

• Running Windows on a machine that has a high resolution/ hiDPI monitor
  • not GPU specific
  • Scaling your OS above 100% to somewhere between 125% to 175%
  • Is following the settings recommended in this support article talking about "overriding hiDPI scaling behavior"

What is the issue - If you are running Fusion 360 with those options mentioned above, you are seeing the following issues: 

Screen Shot 2019-03-12 at 2.44.20 PM.png

With UI preview turned on (pic supplied by  tomwolswijk)

Screen Shot 2019-03-12 at 2.44.31 PM.png

With UI preview turned off (pic supplied by  tomwolswijk )

Current work-around The current fix for this scaling issue is to turn off the "override hi DPI scaling behavior" option mentioned in this support article. After you've completed this, restart Fusion 360 and the toolbar should be back to normal. The only downside to this is that icons and text it will not appear as sharp as it was with that override turned on. 

We're working on fixing it - We are currently digging into what has changed in our code that is causing this to happen. We'll keep you posted on what we find here. Thanks for your patience and understanding. 

Keqing Song
Autodesk Fusion Community Manager
Portland, Oregon, USA

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
keqingsong
in reply to: keqingsong

Hey all, quick update - we're checking our code to see what changed on our side that is causing this scaling issue. We now know that it is not caused by a specific GPU, and are chasing the problem.

We have had a number of scaling challenges with Fusion 360 running on hi DPI screens with Windows, and the support article mentioned in the OP was a way to get around some of those wonkiness. Our goal right now is to locate the exact change in our code that is causing this issue and find a solution as soon as possible. 

I'll update you again when we've got more to share. Thanks for your understanding! 

Keqing Song
Portland, Oregon, USA

Message 3 of 16
mpolet

I am experiencing the same issues as listed above but the solution or "work-around" is not working on my computer. I'm running windows 7 professional and when I go the Fusion 360 properties, the option to "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings" is grayed out and unable to allow me to select. I've tried changing my Fusion 360 graphics preferences and still nothing. Any ideas or advice? Thanks

Capture.JPG

Message 4 of 16
keqingsong
in reply to: mpolet

Good News! We have a fix in our development build and are working on getting this ready for the next update. The fix will rectify the toolbar clipping issue, even with override hi DPI option turned on for Windows. The fix will land in the April update. To all of you who experienced this issue and shared your information with us, thanks for the help and support, we really appreciate it! 

Keqing Song
Portland, Oregon, USA

Message 5 of 16
Matt_Whiseant

Thank you for your diligence!

Message 6 of 16
TJS01
in reply to: Matt_Whiseant

Is part of the scope of this fix to include vertical scroll bars in long panels?  IE - the Passes tab in Manufacturing workspace can be quite long if Roughing Passes or Multiple Depths is checked (expanded).  I can't scroll down to Stock To Leave without first unchecking RP and MD.  When open, a mouse wheel scroll would be nice.  Maybe I'm missing something?

Message 7 of 16
vdtruong

I followed all the instructions and my UI is still broken.  HELP!  I can't work!

Windows 7.  2x4k monitors + 1x2560x1600 monitor.

Message 8 of 16
lance.carocci
in reply to: vdtruong

@vdtruong - Sorry to hear you're still having issues! Can you please confirm the version of Fusion (Help > About), and provide a screenshot of the Fusion interface under your current conditions? Additionally, please let me know your DPI scaling (e.g. 100-300%).

Lance Carocci
Fusion QA for UI Framework/Cloud Workflows, and fervent cat enthusiast
Message 9 of 16
vdtruong
in reply to: lance.carocci

Lance,

I got it to work by lowering my DPI from 150->125.  It makes the rest of the windows experience miserable (24" 4k monitors FTL), but at least I can work now.  Running AMD Radeon.

Fusion version 2.0.5519.  Running Windows 7 (because of work).  Triple monitor setup 2x4k and a 1x2560x1600.  The clipped UI is just like the OP's from the other post.  Basically the bottom portion where you can expand the menu, like CREATE, is not visable.

Message 10 of 16
pavmed

Hi! 

I "+1" @TJS01  with his question and would like to give additional info:

Here https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusion-360-russkiy/izmenenie-tipa-shrifta-annotatsiy-na-chertezhe/td-... is similar issue with long list scroll. And was also fixed by going down to 100% scaling factor in Windows.

Will this be addressed in april update as well?

Message 11 of 16
anders

Hi,

Thanks for working on this. I am unfortunately still having this issue, even though I have done the latest April updates. Is there anything else I can do?

Message 12 of 16
kltdave

Latest update fixed the issue for me. 

Running a 28" Hd display at 3200x1800 with a Radeon RX560. Everything looks good now! 

Thanks guys for the hard work!

Message 13 of 16

Hi, 
I'm currently running the latest version of Fusion 360 and the fix does not work for me.
If I don't touch any settings I see everything in its place but blurry like the following screenshot:Standard.png

If I use the override settings for the high DPI Display, I see clear but the GUI is too small and something is upset. Override.png

I'm using Windows 10 build 1909, on a Intel i7-3770 and AMD RX-480 with latest driver (AMD 20.1.3) 

Please give me updates about this, thanks

Message 14 of 16

@artegiani.1652405, these instructions are specifically about removing the misplaced UI elements that result from overriding the application scaling behavior.

Fusion 360 on Windows is currently "DPI-Unaware," meaning Windows assumes a default UI scale of 100%. DPI scaling was disabled previously as our UI framework at the time wasn't up to the task, but this should change in a future release as we update our libraries and dependencies. In short, the first screenshot is the expected experience for Windows at this moment.

This does not apply to macOS, which already supports high-DPI (Retina) resolution scaling.

Lance Carocci
Message 15 of 16

Thank you very much for the fast reply.

I have two more questions:

1) When this will be fixed?

2) Is it possibile to get at least a clear (not blurry) UI and properly scaled? I don't care if some boxes are out of their border.

Thanks

Message 16 of 16

A specific release date is not yet known, but @keqingsong will announce it in the relevant What's New product update.

Current options are to run the display at native resolution with scaling off (i.e. 100%), or scale the display but deal with some blurry assets in-app - overriding the scaling method is what's causing some UI proportions to get out of whack, and part of why we're taking extra care to get it right.

I realize this can be a challenge with some display configurations, but this is the experience that Fusion is currently optimized for until we are comfortable that we can deliver proper scaling.

Lance Carocci

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report