Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logitech Lift mouse Button Customization not fully working

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
leifYXNHN
1120 Views, 7 Replies

Logitech Lift mouse Button Customization not fully working

Windows 11

Logitech Options+ (software/driver)

I am trying to assign 'Middle Button' to one of the side buttons on the mouse but Fusion does not respond to either side button when either/both are assigned "Middle Button'.  I can modify the functionality of the actual middle button of the mouse and Fusion recognizes the behavior change. Anyone know a solution?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
leganzish
in reply to: leifYXNHN

I wonder if this is a Logitech issue.  Since they replaced the Logitech Options software with Logi Options+ a few months back, I can't get my mouse to work the way it did before.  I have it set the same, with some buttons performing shortcut keys, but they don't work in any programs or windows itself.  I think the new Logitech software is to blame for it.  

Message 3 of 8
heiko_n

I have the exact same Problem with the Logitech Lift mouse.

Message 4 of 8
m.m.heravi

Apparently, no one cares, right Autodesk?

Message 5 of 8
m.m.heravi

Found the solution (left the previous comment a bit too soon). Look into Options+ software. When you are customizing the lift mouse, set one of the side buttons to act as middle as usual. Then under the 'Buttons' options on the left of the window, there is another option 'Point and Scroll'. If you click on that you see the side buttons have their 'Horizontal scrolling' option active (On). Click the one that you selected for middle button and turn scrolling off. It works now!

The logic is that by default when you hold these side buttons they modify Scroll wheel's function from vertical scrolling to horizontal scrolling. Hence when we keep pressing them to drag and pan the view, the software thinks we want to use horizontal scrolling. After you disabling that function, you'll have the good old middle button function on your side button.

Cheers.  

Message 6 of 8
leifYXNHN

Thanks m.m.heravi. Unfortunately that does not solve the issue for me.  It seems that the left two thumb buttons are not recognized by Fusion 360. Logitech support tells me they do not support 3rd party apps (Fusion 360), and say that the problem lies with Fusion 360.

Message 7 of 8
leifYXNHN

I uninstalled Logitech Options Plus and reinstalled using with the latest version 1.58.484418 (as of 11.26.23). 

Fusion 360 will now respond to the left two buttons, but with limitations. I can still not assign a left button to act as the middle button. A middle button 'click' is different than pressing and holding the middle button down.

My goal is to reduce carpal tunnel effects that are largely related to the the middle/wheel button, especially the wheeling: zooming/scrolling. I have since moved to using the Tinkercad setup in Fusion 360 settings (Preferences->General->Pan,Zoom,Orbit shortcuts). The right button acts as the orbiting tool. The nice thing is that a right click still acts as a right click. So that functionality is not lost. 

Message 8 of 8
leifYXNHN

...as an FYI, here is a link to the Pan,Zoom,Orbit preferencs: https://www.autodesk.com/products/fusion-360/blog/fusion-360-zoom-pan-orbit-preferences/

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report