Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove thousand duplicate / Comportement of the C/P Cancel button

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
dark-ages-of-malekithii
504 Views, 6 Replies

How to remove thousand duplicate / Comportement of the C/P Cancel button

Hi, 

I have created a design by multiple copy and paste and discovered a feature or a bug that I wasn’t expecting.

My scenario : 

I made a sketch with a single dot on it.

I copy the dot by ctrl+c.

I paste the dot by ctrl+v.

At this time the modal appear and I can choose where to put the new dot.

I have two options : OK / CANCEL

What I am expecting by clicking on cancel is cancel the copy and paste and when I press cancel, I can’t see a change.

BUT in fact the dot is still copied and supperposed, I can select my dot and see that I have 2 dot, even if I « Cancel ».

Is this is supposed to be normal ? Basicaly I wasn’t able to see a single change, and I have repeated the issue many time and copied and copied my a portion of sketch who was duplicated so many times that now my sketch is unusable.

fusion 360 design.JPG

Duplicate example on a 20 dot items resulting in 120 itemsDuplicate example on a 20 dot items resulting in 120 items

So my question is : 

How to remove theses duplicate items and completly clean my sketch. By the way I can’t click and delete the item by hand because I have 65000 dot and not 2400 as expected (120×20).

Thank you very much.

Tags (3)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

yeah, this one is kinda bad until you get used to it, I agree.  Canceling should cancel the Paste, not just the Move.

The best way, once you've gotten into this state that I've found, at least in sketch, is to window select (which will select everything), then go back and CTRL-click (CMD-click on Mac) to unselect just one of the items.  This should leave you with N-1 selected.  Then you can just hit delete and get rid of all but one of them.  You might have to go back and re-establish some shared points, just in case you didn't get the curves from the same shape, but otherwise it should be at least a step in the right direction

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 3 of 7
jeff_strater
in reply to: jeff_strater

oh, I forgot one critical step - change your selection filter to only Sketch Curves.  That will prevent deleting any constraints that you really want to keep:

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 4 of 7

Thank you very much for your fast reply, I will try that and comeback to share the result.

Message 5 of 7

Wow, So I have tested, understand your explanations and figured that I have to unselect 20 curves on 100~120 items. 
Ok… Better restart all the sketch with all dimensions…

BTW is it really a bug, can it be corrected ?

Message 6 of 7

yes to both:  yes, I think it's a bug (though I suppose that is arguable), and yes, it can be fixed.  It's on our list, but to be honest, probably not near the top at the moment.

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 7 of 7

No problem, priorize the important things.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report